Chrysler Canada announced the company’s 27th consecutive month of year-over-year sales growth. February sales were 16,536, compared to 15,238 in February 2011, representing a 9 per cent increase. Chrysler Canada reported the highest sales of any company in Canada for the second month in a row.
Ram truck and Jeep Wrangler sales continue to surpass monthly records
For February 2012, 4737 Ram truck sales were reported, up 11 per cent from the previous record set in 2011.
Jeep Wrangler sales of 1131 were 37 per cent higher than the previous February record of 823 set in 2007. Strong Wrangler sales helped propel Jeep brand sales to a 24 per cent increase versus February of 2011.
Passenger car sales have doubled when compared to February 2011, with 2410 units sold in February 2012. This has been led primarily by sales of the Chrysler 300 and Chrysler 200, which experienced 351 and 679 sales respectively. The highly fuel efficient Fiat 500 also had a strong showing, with 533 sales in February, 2012.
- · Number 1 seller of vehicles in the country for the second consecutive month
- · 27 consecutive months of year-over-year sales growth
- · Sales up 9 per cent from February, 2011
- · Best February sales since 2002
- · Jeep Wrangler and Ram truck shatter previous February records
- · Passenger car sales double for the month, with strong showing from Fiat 500, Chrysler 300 and Chrysler 200